Friday, April 13, 2012

How am I going to leave this place?

I just bought my ticket home after putting it off for so long, probably because I didn’t want to accept the reality that I will one day leave Granada. It’s true that the past three months haven’t been my favorite here. But in these last couple of weeks I have come to see my time here in a new light. I no longer see my breath when I go outside; I’ve moved pisos and now live with three of the nicest girls you may ever meet; every day I become closer and closer with my Spanish friends here (and my Californian and international friends too); I walk out my building into the heart of downtown Granada, with the picturesque Alhambra in the background and the winding streets of the Albaicín just a stones-throw away. I’m actually interested in my classes; my Spanish improves daily; I’ve just bought plane tickets to hang out with friends in Switzerland and Sweden. I’m constantly having delicious homemade feasts with close friends; I visit my besties in slippers because they’re right next door; and Spanish wine is such that one-euro bottles still taste good.
Is this real life? 

The Albaicín and Alhambra with the Sierras in the background

Carerra de Darro, one of the prettiest walks of Granada (in my humble opinion), and two minutes from my piso

Plaza Nueva, right behind my building

(All photos from Google, thanks to some gilipollas dropping my camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment