Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Pue, aquí tirandillo"

I've been MIA for a couple weeks because I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary--which isn't to say that I haven't been doing anything worthwhile. The days are warming up and if you count my terrace as "outside," then I've been spending a lot of time in the great outdoors. Last week, thanks to national and provincial holidays (and a puente), I only had one day of school, and I've been using my dwindling time here as an excuse to soak up all that Spain has to offer in terms of its "social scene." However, your body pays a price for coming back after dawn four nights in one week, and I now find myself curled in a ball in my bed with a hacking cough and consistent fever.
I've got to get better soon, though, because a whirlwind three months are about to start. In one week my parents arrive; I meet them in Madrid, then travel to Granada and Sevilla before going up to Basque Country with them; I return for lots of studying and library time in order to hopefully pass three finals; then I jet off to Germany for a week to visit my friend Kaila; return to Granada for 5 days to take my last final, and then the day after I set off for a three-week trip to Switzerland, Sweden, Barcelona, and Northwest Spain, including hiking over 100 kilometers of a pilgrimage trail (Camino de Santiago). Then I return to Andalucia for six days before heading home once and for all to California. I'm really excited for everything, but I'm honestly loving life here in Granada so much that part of me wants to spend every last minute here until August. Maybe I'll be ready for a break from this city when I become more familiar with the library benches than my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment