Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Small Animals, and all their greatness

There are many small things here in Granada. To begin with, tapas are about as small of a food portion as you can get. There are small coffees (I haven’t seen a Starbucks here, and the biggest coffee I’ve received is smaller than a kid’s-sized hot cocoa), small cars, small alleyways, and very small women (not sure how, considering the fried food here…). But my favorite thing here is the vast quantity of small animals! This blog entry is dedicated to the numerous adorable puppies and kittens that I have seen in this glorious city.

 Although this is not a picture of an animal, it does depict some very small and tantalizing tapas from a bar that my friend Gayatri and I discovered on Sunday night. This bar was written up in a "10 Best Granada Tapas Bars" blog, and it did not disappoint. Now for the cute animals...

This kitten is hard to see because it's so small! It is a gypsy kitten, living in the caves of Sacromonte.


This is the first puppy I saw in this city. It reminds me of my dog, Button. It's even cuter in real life.



This dog was tied up on a pole, I think because the owner was in a church service. Good thing, since I sat on the ground for five minutes and played with it.



This puppy is the grande finale (thus far). It epitomizes cuteness. I asked the owner if I could take a picture with it, and she looked very confused and simply handed her dog over to me. I think I freaked her out but it was worth it. The puppy is only 6 weeks old. 


October 27, 2011--This puppy almost made us miss our flight at the Madrid airport. Petting this puppy was almost as good as the trip to Portugal. 



March 2, 2012--They just keep getting cuter! Although this puppy wasn't technically in Spain, it still counts for this blog. On the train ride to Naples, a woman with this puppy sat next to me for a few stops. She told me that they found this puppy in a trash pile and were looking for someone to take it in. If Ryanair didn't have such ridiculous carry-on restrictions I seriously would have adopted it!!




2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH adorable!! I love the one where it's licking your leg :) So does Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a double take! That puppy definitely looks like me in my younger days!

    ReplyDelete