Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Real Reason I Can Never Leave Granada


¡¡¡Qué buena pinta!!!

Today I made a mistake. I passed by a sign that said "Ofertón: 3 baguettes 1 euro." What a steal. So of course I entered and left a minute later, only one euro poorer but armed with three meter-long baguettes. The women working there put it best: "With these baguettes you could go ready into battle." Also with these baguettes you can discover heaven, as I did for breakfast when I simply could not stop reaching for more. If Anthony Bourdain came to Granada I would send him to this Panadería. It took me 9 months but I finally found the best one in this lovely city. Part of me regrets opening Pandora's box, as you will discover (if you refer back to my January posts) that one of my New Year's Resolution was to eat less bread, since I am a known addict. The other part of me (the one that just enjoyed about four-too-many tostadas for breakfast) has decided that this is the definitive moment when I say Granada will be impossible to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment